How can I preorder iPhone 6? Verizon contract ends Oct 19

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mcfire12, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Mcfire12 macrumors member

Do I have to wait until oct 19th? I know when I bought my Iphone 5, I preordered on the apple website and they let me do it a month early. I'm not sure if this is the case anymore with verizon having that edge program?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the date doesn't make sense. if you preordered an iphone 5, then your contract should be up for renewal on sep 21st, as the iphone 5 was launched on that date 2012.

3. Mcfire12 thread starter macrumors member

Right. When I pre ordered the iPhone 5, They let me do it early but just through apple. When I tried to order it from the verizon site it wouldn't let me. At that time apple apparently would let you upgrade 30 days early on a new 2 year verizon contract.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i see. still, though, the renewal of your contract should have been from the purchase of the iphone 5. i'd inquire with verizon about this.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will have to call and ask verizon to push to push your upgrade date sooner.
    If they don't then you wont be able to preorder now. Only when you are eligible for an upgrade.
    Its not up to Apple, your carrier will have to allow that change since they are paying for your subsidy.