How can I prevent YouTube videos from getting stuck?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Myiphone7, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the iPhone 4 and when I try to watch videos in the YouTube app they always get stuck.

Help!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

What is your internet speed when the YouTube app "gets stuck"?
    If you don't have enough bandwidth, YouTube will stop playing.

3. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

This only happens in the iOS version of YouTube (YouTube app). The app has had a bug that when the video being watched catches up to the end of the buffer point. It is very frustrating. The best workaround is to use the mobile version of YouTube. In Safari, go to YouTube.com and save that page (it will be the mobile version) as a home page icon. Use that whenever looking up videos. It also has a button that allows you to select between HQ (high quality) and normal versions of the video. I have found that with most videos the normal version looks good and load much faster. Either way it gives you options. The only bad thing is if you are clicking a link from email, safari, txt, etc. the iOS version loads the video instead of the mobile version. The workaround around for this is as soon as the video loads in the iOS version then press the bookmark icon (the icon that looks like a book to the left of the play button) and close the video. Now go to the mobile version (the icon you saved to your home screen and it will be in your favorites list. The mobile version blows away the iOS version.