How can I protect my $31 investment?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dekema2, May 30, 2015.

1. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

I am on my 3rd, maybe 4th pair of $31 Apple EarPods. $31 is half the price of my lawyer printer that I have, which is pretty insane. I fear these headphones I just purchased will lose their quality after a few months and it will be back to Walmart again. For the EarPod enthusiasts, how do you keep yours in such great condition?

2. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Make sure you keep then in their careing case and dont theough them around etc.
    The headphones (iphone 4s headphones) I use are 5 years old now and still look great. Watch out and dont be reckless with them

3. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

What are you doing to them? Mine get filled with ear wax in the mesh (eww, I know) so instead of constantly calling Apple I just tip the very end in boiling hot water to pull all the wax out. I have done it three times on my current set and they are still working really well. I only do this after digging out the wax from the outside of the grill.

Btw, your headphones do come with a year warranty with Apple as long as they were purchased from an authorized reseller (like Walmart). Next time they go out, just call Apple within the year and they'll replace them. If you have a newer iPhone, Apple would also just replace them under your AppleCare.

4. NazgulRR macrumors 6502

To clean out the ear wax from the mesh an electric toothbrush works like magic....no liquid needed.