How can I protect my iPod Touch from theft?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by loneapple24, Aug 31, 2009.

1. loneapple24 macrumors newbie

loneapple24

Also, how effective is enabling a passcode in preventing someone to use your ipod touch? I'll be going to college soon, so this information is very important to me.

2. run-kmc macrumors member

The best way to protect it from theft is to bolt it directly to your skeletal system.

Seriously, just take care of it. Treat it like you would your wallet... don't leave it lying around.

As far as the passcode, no one can use the touch without it. It's that simple.

3. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

4. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

5. macsarethebest macrumors regular

6. Scippy macrumors regular

If you are worried about it getting stolen, you could always put the passcode to erase after 10 failed attempts. That way your password couldn't be guessed.

7. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

They've actually recently come out with this amazing new security system for the iPod Touch (and other portable media devices and phones) - I'm seriously considering investing in one for myself. Check it out!

http://tinyurl.com/kp6urf

8. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

Right, sorry, I read (misread) iPhone.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Don't show it off to random people and don't use the Apple earbuds.

10. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

If someone really wants it, they will get it, wipe the memory, and use it like it was always theirs. Best way of protection, treat it as your wallet/money/car keys. Engraving your iPods and such is recommended by mine and many universities.

11. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

Have a big, heavy chain welded to the back of it and padlock it to your waist.

12. Dino451 macrumors 6502

keep it in your pocket. dont show it off and the passcode will work

13. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Buy a safe. Bolt the safe to the floor, using bolts that can only be unscrewed from the inside of the safe when open. Put your Touch in the Safe. Close and Lock the Safe. Never open the Safe again. Forget the combination or lose the key(s).

14. stephenmorphey macrumors newbie

Hello loneapple24

It is not possible to protect 100% from theft but you can do some changes which is mentioned in below.

You can go to the Setting section of your Pageonce account on the web, located in the upper right hand corner of your AtOnce page. Under the section for Mobile Access, select the option to block any mobile access to your account. This will stop your lost or stolen device from accessing your Pageonce information.
    Even you can go under the Settings section of your application, you can register your device by serial number so that your device and your device alone can access your Pageonce data.

Hope it will help to you.