How can I record a 'video website' ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ryanflucas, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ryanflucas macrumors regular

ryanflucas

I'm probably not calling this the right thing. I would like to make a presentation which consists of recording someone opening a web browser and going to a website. The website is of a company complete with flash intro. The user then slowly navigates the website, allowing time for each photo to be viewed and text to be read. The audience would be watching this recorded presentation on a DVD which would be shown on a TV set to auto loop.

Is there an easy way to do this on a Mac? What program would I be using? Something free or low cost would be best but I'm open to any suggestions. I figure the process in doing this would be similar to when companies create training videos for their software applications.

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

SNAPZPROX Ambrosia software.

Look here for demo (I'm not affiliated).

3. ryanflucas thread starter macrumors regular

ryanflucas

I tried Quicktime X and it works fine, but when I burn the video file to DVD, everything I use keeps putting a black border around it, thus making the actual video fuzzy. I've tried burning with iDVD and Toast 10 Titanium. I'm assuming I'm overlooking an option to get rid of the border somewhere?

I'm going to try Snapz next. Looks pretty good. :)

The plan is to burn this to DVD and have it visible clearly on TV\DVD but if I need to use a laptop to demo it I can do that also.

Here is the website I'm working on making a demo of: http://www.harrystoys.com (loading the intro, then clicking inventory and making a presentation showing each car).

For anyone interested, I'm on a 24" iMac using 1920x1200 resolution.