Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lit Up*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Before any do gooders race to type 'that's illegal':

1st so is marijuana.

2nd I don't live in USA so don't want to hear about your laws.

help appreciated

Lit Up*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
sorry just wanted to bypass all the do gooders and people who want to tell me about laws in georgia etc...

how do I do it? thanks

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Keep in mind this is wire tapping unless you notify the other party :)

Sometimes it helps if people thing outside there own Country's perspective.

WinMo phones have had an option to record phone calls for 3 years.
Waiting for Iphone dev's to make 1...

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
1) Get a free Google Voice account.
2) Forward that number to your iPhone number.
3) Hit 4 during the call.

(Voice on the line announces that the call is now being recorded. My wife uses this to record phone interviews.)

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lit Up* said:
labman said:
ts continues to

1st what's with you and Georgia? Why not the US in general. Second I'm the kind of guy that know how to use google. :rolleyes:

zelman

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Most calls to commercial entities start with "this call may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes." that sounds a lot like permission to me.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010

1st so is marijuana.

help appreciated

Regardless of your logic, it's still illegal. Ok, thanks, bye.

Brogan55

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
Recording phone conversations is not illegal ( a little free law for ya )

Here is a little law for free and I won't charge u.
1. Typically this law is state by state however federal law trumps state law. With that in mind, the law states that phone tapping is illegal if your recording two other people talking ( with out a warrant) however; if u record a phone conversation with u and another person, or a hidden camera with u involved in the conversation, this is legal.
So to make it simple, without a search warrant, u and record any conversation as long as u are talking to the person. The other person "does NOT" need to know per law that they are being recorded. If u record two people talking with out u as well talking, it's illegal.
So all the rumors "cops have to tell u if your being recorded when they are talking to u and secretly recording". Sorry, they don't.

But what are the stipulations of getting around catching your wife/husband talking to another person??? Well there are a few. The easiest way is get a lawyer and file for a legal separation and request a search warrant due to an unrelated event. Or, "if he or she is suspected of doing anything illegal, law enf could get a sw to listen in if the suspected crime is important enouph".

Or possibly doing it under good faith so ur "daughter or son" isn't making poor decisions ect.

Keep in mind that laws are there for a reason... To protect these things we called ammendments!!! But they are intended to keep people safe, and that's why there are clauses to each. Freedom of speech, yep first amendment but there are stipulations that regulate that. My point is, if your trying to listen in to your significant others conversation, evaluate if your time is worth listening into he or she say what u already know. Sixth sence is not a phenomenon, it's a sence we aquir.
Know ur state laws that are specific to phone tapping. I'm referring to the phone tapping laws, however again, recording u and another person talking with out them knowing is not illegal... It doesn't fall under any phone tapping law.

My resources are my career. Good luck

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
The world is a bit larger than the USA…..

Besides that WinMo offers the abillity to record calls, last time i looked Microsoft still was an american company.

Apple chose not to have it build in, which is unfortunate.

ICR is a nice feature.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010

1st so is marijuana.

help appreciated

So tell us what country you live in. I want to look up the legality of this in your country so that if it is illegal there, then I can harangue you to death about it.

Thanks in advance.

Hey can we drag this thread up on an annual basis? I'd like to have a different comment on this every year.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
1st why are we bumping another old thread from 2010? the original TS was last on Nov 23, 2011. Also it was the TS attitude that was his biggest problem. Have any doubts look at some of his other threads. Some people want to stir up trouble or troll maybe something to do after the bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.