How can I record Playstation2 cut scenes on my Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krye, May 12, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I bought the Star Wars Lego games for PS2, Episodes 1-6. My twin 4 year olds love them. Especially the cut scenes. I'd like to take all the cut scenes and paste them together to make a lego movie for them.

I found that some people have already done this and they are on youtube. But the quality is kinda crappy and some of the audio is pretty lousy.

Does anyone know how I can get the video off the Playstation and into the Mac? I though about somehow getting my Tivo to record the PS2's output and then sending the file to my mac pro and cutting it up in iMovie. But the Tivo won't let me record from a video signal that's not cable. So that's out. And I don't have a capture device for the Mac. I was wondering if there is a way to somehow access the files on the DVD and sort of rip the video out, or just copy the files over. Is this possible? Is there some sort of filesystem plugin for PS2? I know there isn't a PS2 emulator for the Mac, and I don't have the capture software to do it on a PC. Besides, the closest thing I have to a PC is VMWare and I don't want to install Bootcamp on my machine.

Anyone have any ideas? Seems like some sort of TV out to USB capture device is the best route?

2. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

Personally I would use my DV cam and record the scenes then import them into iMovie. You could get an eyeTV to do the same thing.

3. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Hum, I was thinking about getting that anyway. That may be a good idea.

As for the video camera bit, I think the quality would suffer.