Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djxpress

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
I purchased Lion from the App store and it installed fine. But now I want to burn a disc, and since I already installed it, I don't have the original download file and need to redownload it.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this with the App store because it shows as being already installed and doesn't give me an option of redownloading/installing it.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
if you want to make a disc you have to do so before installing Lion the only thing that might work at this point is you use time machine to revert to when you had SL then purchase Lion again and make the disc then before installing the OS.

apas5byer

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
You may try holding the Option Key while clicking "Purchases" in the top menu of the Mac App Store window.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Option + click in the MAS should work fine, or I'm pretty sure that if you restart your Mac and hold down Cmd +R during restart it should open up the Lion Recovery Utility. You should (theoretically, since I haven't tried it myself) be able to burn that partition to disc using Disk Utility from within the recovery partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.