How can I redownload the iPhoto or Aperture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wylhkg, Feb 16, 2015.

1. wylhkg macrumors newbie

Dear all,

Got the information from MacRumors, New Photo Apps will release soon.
    Afterward the iPhoto and Aperture will disappear in Mac App Store.

How can I redownload the program for backup, if any problem on New Photo Apps.

I am using both of program, so that in Mac App store, it just display the open icon for me to select.

Please help.:)

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Time Machine Backup your drive, that will backup the OSX system, all apps and data.

TBH if in ANY doubt don't remove iPhoto or Aperture and secure your photos with a backup before allowing a new app like Photos anywhere near them (generally good advice, not an indication that I expect problems with Photos...)

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

My understanding is that both iPhoto and Aperture will be available in the Purchases section of App Store for those who already have them, should it be necessary to reinstall those apps.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Do they keep discontinued software around in that section? For Aperture and iPhoto this would be very good news.

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Yes. My Purchases section has Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks, all with Download buttons, none of which are in the store. I have both GarageBand 6.0.5 and 10.10.3. 6.0.5 is not available in the store (both are still installed - I don't know whether 6.0.5 would still be there if it was not installed).

On the other hand, Purchases shows only the current versions of iMovie, iPhoto, Keynote, Numbers, and Pages, though I do have the older versions installed as well as the current. So, if you're looking for precedents, they fall both ways.

If you're looking for media reports that Aperture (at least) will live on in Purchases, look no farther than:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/11/apple-aperture-removed-from-app-store/