Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brunozs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
I've tried everything. Every single stuck trash app. Tried logging in as root. Cant delete Previous System folder for anything!

Does anyone know how to do it?

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
What do you mean with ‘previous’? Chances are that if you are on El Capitan or Sierra that you cannot delete it as long as System Integrity Protection is enabled. Reboot into Recovery, enter ‘csrutil disable’ in a Terminal window and reboot.

Reactions: Ian James

brunozs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
What do you mean with ‘previous’? Chances are that if you are on El Capitan or Sierra that you cannot delete it as long as System Integrity Protection is enabled. Reboot into Recovery, enter ‘csrutil disable’ in a Terminal window and reboot.
That worked out perfectly! Thanks!!

Ian James

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta
Thanks a lot, worked perfectly for me as well. That was driving me crazy.

dickguertin

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2010
Mountain View, CA
Don't forget to remove 'Previous System' from any backups. Most likely, you can do that with 'sudo' commands, such as: sudo rm -rf /Volumes/backup.disk/Previous\ System -- because there's no System Integrity Protection on backups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.