How can I remove the % sign from battery percent?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dotducky, Jun 9, 2012.

1. dotducky macrumors newbie

Title says it all. I want only the number, not the %

2. King Bowser macrumors regular

Bolt on cydia

i downloaded a bit ago but the icon (small bolt) won't show. Then when you try to take out the percentage , it gives you a fake number instead. Maybe it will work for you though.

----------

also

Springtomize. There's an option where you can delete things off your status bar and the percentage sign is one of them.

3. BumpyFlatline, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Springtomize didn't work for me to remove only the percentage sign. It removed both the number and symbol. The way I removed both the battery image and the percentage sign, I used cleanstatus.

4. Schnedi macrumors 6502a

Schnedi

5. dotducky thread starter macrumors newbie

good call on this, but removing the % sign leaves no space anymore and the number looks funky all the way over like that. I heard the percent sign was actually an image. Would you happen to know where to get to it, so I can just fill it with a blank image?

6. MastahRiz, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Those % images are packaged into a .artwork file. You would have to extract that artwork file which contains about 1,800 images, thumb through them, replace the % images, repackage all images as an artwork file, and then add the artwork file back to your phone. Not an easy task, but not impossible either.

If you're a Winterboard user you should be able to theme it. The images are named:

1. ColorOnGrayShadow_Percent_%@2x.png
    2. ColorOnGrayShadow_PercentLow_%@2x.png
    3. WhiteOnBlackEtch_Percent_%@2x.png
    4. WhiteOnBlackEtch_PercentLow_%@2x.png
    5. WhiteOnBlackShadow_Percent_%@2x.png
    6. WhiteOnBlackShadow_PercentLow_%@2x.png

(^These are for an iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1.1. May be different for other devices and OS's.)

Create a folder (name it anything) and inside place another folder named "UIImages" (The two I's are intentional.)

Inside that place your new icons and drop the entire folder into your Themes.xxxx folder then activate in winterboard and respring.

(That's all a shot in the dark on my part, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've never themed these images before.)

7. jahoys macrumors regular

install ArrangeStatusBar from cydia. you can move all the items on the status bar wherever you like

8. breezyf808 macrumors regular

Is there a way to where I can remove the battery and percentage sign on the status bar on only the lockscreen?
    I have a tweak that lets me use the charging picture in front of my lockscreen wp.

9. tangokim macrumors member

use Cleanstatus from cydia...working fine on 5.1.1