How can I remove this removed program??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JuryDuty, Jun 23, 2015.

1. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

My 2015 Macbook Air is running REALLY slow...like you drag a window and it pauses to think about it. I've uninstalled everything looking for a culprit.

I found an article that led me into the console logs. I see the item on the log below ALL day long, making md think its the problem: GmailNotifrHelper.

Problem is, I uninstalled this. How do I really get rid of it???

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 7.15.51 PM.png

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That gmail notifr likely still has some piece installed.
    You MIGHT be able to quickly find where it is by running Activity Monitor. Watch for that service as a running (or likely a stalled or stopped service). You can select the service, then click the information button.
    then, on the information window, click the Open Files and Ports tab
    You may need to scroll down through the list, looking for your file. probably named "com.ashchan.GmailNotifrHelper"
    The line will show the exact directory location for the file. Find the file, and delete it.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Download and run the app Etrecheck and it will list all startup items along with their location. That should help you figure it out.

If you are stuck you can post the Etrecheck output here and we can help you. The report is anonymized, so you can just post the whole thing.