How can I Restore Jailbroken phone iOS 9.0.2, without updating to latest iOS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kdesign7, Jan 28, 2016.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, gals and fellow aliens!

Curious question - I jailbroke my iPhone 6s Plus awhile ago, currently on iOS 9.0.2, and I Gotta say, it's been a wild ride. I really loved checked out new tweaks and customizing the OS to many different looks.

My question is this - How can I unJailbreak my iOS 9.0.2 iPhone, without having to restore to the latest iOS 9.2.1.

I'm done some googling, and it seems that -- using iTunes is the only method?

Im curious if there is a way to Remove the Jailbreak, and on the device itself, Erase all contents and settings, and stay on IOS 9.0.2 and be unjailbroken?

-- I may wanna jailbreak later on, this is why I am asking :)

2. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

The only way to remove the jailbreak is to restore your phone through iTunes which will install the latest version of iOS. Doing erase all content and settings on a jail broken iPhone is a big NO NO it will cause your phone to boot loop and the only way to fix is DFU and restore. So if you want to stay jail broken then I would recommend doing nothing.

3. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Or, you can try to use Cydia Impactor from this beta repo...http://apt.saurik.com/beta/cy-impactor/.
    But beware, many people didn't make it, so at the end of the day, they were forced to restore to the latest IOS.
    I did it successfuly though, on my 5S :)

4. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

On 9.0.2?

5. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

6. tvbi macrumors member

Used Cydia Impactor on my 6 plus last week on 9.0.2 successfully. After it was done and reboot itself, it hung at the apple logo forever so I did a hard reboot then it started at the welcome screen.

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

That's an extremely misleading topic title.