How can I restore my backup from old iPhone profile

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by echofrog, Jun 10, 2010.

1. echofrog macrumors newbie

Hi guys and gals

I recently followed the instructructions to upgrade the firmware on my 3GS to ISX4.

The instructions followed from http://thenextweb.com/apple/2010/06...itter.com&utm_content=twitter-publisher-other

Everything went smooth, until I made a mistake right at the end of the process. It asked me to activated the phone again. When it did in iTunes 9.2 it asked me if I want restore data from a previous backup or is this a new phone. I selected "new iPhone" in error. Now I have lost all my info on my phone.

How can I find and restore my previous backups?

Hope someone can help!

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

With your phone in iTunes, try right clicking on it and selecting "Restore from Backup." A window will appear showing a list of previous backups that are available. If yours is there, try restoring the phone back to that point.

[​IMG]

3. echofrog thread starter macrumors newbie

hi ziggyonice,

just tried that now the "retore from backup". after selecting it it showed me a drop down to select which iphone profile i wanted to retore from and it only had the "new iphone" profile and not the old profile i had.

so sadly that didn't work. what i would imagine i might need to do is get itunes reset in someway so that it asks me if its a new iphone or restore from...