how can i restore my iphone 3g on 4.2.1 on 06.15.00 BB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by poohbear19, Dec 24, 2010.

1. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

I searched youtube but they are only tutorials for bricked ones I think. My phone isn't bricked it is working normally I would just like to restore to factory settings. I have some custom and official 4.2.1 firmware files but I googled and some websites said that when you restore to 4.2.1 you can't kick out of recovery mode. They said to restore to 4.1. I found a youtube video for bricked phones and working phones on 4.1 but the guy doesn't say if you can do it on a working 4.2.1 iphone. Could I still use his video to restore my working 4.2.1 iphone on bb 6.15.00? i don't want to have to go to 4.1 and then 4.2.1. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1dNq5g3Kk

2. noiceT macrumors 6502a

I'm not exactly clear on what you are trying to do..

You can't restore to factory settings, that's the caveat of updating to the ipad BB. You can only restore to custom FW.

And by factory settings, I mean 4.2.1 FW on 5.15 BB

3. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

No sorry I don't know the phrase for it. I just want to clear everything and put it back to the beginning still on basband 6.15 and FW 4.2.1 when it was faster. I think after I installed many things on wintErboard and picked optimize themes it ruined it and made everything slower including the aPp store. I deleted winterboard Nd it is still lagging.