How can I restore my web page from iDisk to iWeb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by michaelsaxon, Nov 9, 2007.

1. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

I have my web page backed up on iDisk, but I can't figure out how to restore it to my local hard drive so that I can continue work on it. Can someone help me out?

2. mplonsky macrumors newbie

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you mean the published site you can't. That is the output, not the source. It's like taking a baked cake and asking how you get the flour back.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Short answer: You're stuffed if you didn't do a backup and AFAIK the only way to do that is to "publish" to a folder on your hard drive.

It is stuff like this that don't get much of a mention when Jobs, Inc. does his RDF at his presentations.
    Loads of sizzle and not a lot of meat. (Mind since he is a vegan, that's not surprising, I guess.)

It is a massive — let's be nice and call it an oversight on Apple's part.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You can't.

iWeb stores your web page in a proprietary file format, when you publish the site, its a one way trip. No way to import your site if you blew away/lost the domain file that iWeb uses.

Did you try looking restoring it from a backup (you do have backups don't you) Its located in ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb