How can I revert back to iOS3.anything

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WRIGHTRACING, Nov 23, 2010.

1. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

I have the unfortunate regret that I ever went from iOS3.1.2 I believe it was, to 4.1 after it came out. I skipped 4.0 because I heard of all the problems, and just assumed they were fixed in 4.1. Since the update I have had touchscreen in-op issues repeatedly, and 4.2 did nothing to fix this issue. Also with both 4.1 and 4.2 the iPhone will not play music from my Pandora account thru my Aftermarket cd player that is designed for iPhones. It worked before with the 3.1, but since the update, not anymore. An iPhone4 with 4.1 will work though, which is even more confusing. I just want to mainly be able to use the touchscreen again, and the USB to Dock would just be an added bonus.

Thanks for any help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

3G

4. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the link. I will check into downloading it tomorrow, and report back if it fixes issues. If not, I guess it is the phone, but it worked so much better before the update.

5. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

6. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

OK found recboot, but this is not working like it says it does. I had to go back to 4.2.1

Anybody that has info on how to make this thing work, the help will be greatly appreciated.

I have WindowsXP
    iPhone 3G
    iTunes 10.1

7. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

get tinyumbrella to boot out of recovery, recboot has too many issues on windows.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, like the bro above said.
    Just use Tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery when done restoring to 3.1.3
    Good luck dude.

9. eq2675 macrumors regular

This should work just fine on a 3G, as I have done it myself.

3GS and 4's are another matter from what i have read.

10. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. I will probably dl it sometime Fri when I can get back to a wifi spot. I dl'ed tinyumbrella 4.21.1 last night. When I opened it and clicked run, it gave me some error. IDK what else to do.