How can I see a Steve Jobs keynote?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by plethera21, Aug 6, 2008.

1. plethera21 macrumors newbie

I'm a student in college and have always wanted to see a Steve Jobs keynote. Does anyone out there know what I need to do to see Steve? What tickets do I need to buy? How much are they? Can I camp out somewhere to increase my chances?

I looked at the Macworld website, but couldn't really find any links to buy tickets or get more information. If I google anything with "Steve Jobs" and "Keynote", I don't get anything related to what I need.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm a student that doesn't have much to spend, but I'm willing to save and plan ahead if that's what it takes. I have friends in Concord and enough credit card miles to get me a round trip ticket there. Is anyone out there working for a company that sponsors you to go to the Macworld Expo?

Thanks in advance!:apple:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You sign up for Macworld or WWDC when the time comes up. You shouldn't just sign up to the see the keynote as it's a expo. You should at least look at the stuff. If you're not a developer, don't bother with WWDC; they usually sell passes 3 months or so in advance.

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

To the best of my knowledge Steve only gives keynotes at MWSF and WWDC along with any other special events which Apple might hold. He has done a few other speaking engagements over the years such as commencement addresses and so forth, but far and few between I believe. Your best chance to see him do a keynote is to attend MWSF or WWDC but if you are not a developer you will have to pay your own way.

I would enjoy seeing Steve speak live as well. :)

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Yeah, you must be a registered developer on Mac's site which the cheapest is $99/yr for students. This includes a 1 time hardware discount for your developing and makes you eligible to PURCHASE a ticket to WWDC, which is a conference for developers. Prices vary, but for 2008, i believe the tickets were around $1200-1300 per person, that doesn't include transportation or lodging... so depending on your location, you're looking to spend at least $2,000 to see steve talk...

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, this is why it pretty much only makes sense to attend one of these events if you are in fact a developer and can have your business/company cover your expenses.

6. plethera21 thread starter macrumors newbie

So it looks like I'm going to MacWorld in January. Does anyone know what kind of tickets to buy or any links online that have more info?

Thanks

7. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Here is where you can purchase tickets, sometime before hand. I'm not sure when tickets go on sale but they're sold at that link. Be sure to take your camera and snap some pics to share with us :)

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, if you are planning on going then even notify arn and see if you could be an on-site reporter for MacRumors' live coverage of the event! :cool:

9. plethera21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyway I could get his email and ask? I found his profile, but looks like newbies like me can't PM. I'd love to have a purpose for going there. I always wondered who the bloggers were going for macrumors.

Thanks.