How can I send text from my Mac to my Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by erutpar, Feb 14, 2014.

1. erutpar macrumors newbie

I don't have internet connection available for my mac, but I'd like to type word documents on my Mac and sync the text over to my Iphone (maybe to the note app or something). What is the simplest way to achieve this?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If you install Pages on your Mac, and on your phone, you can choose to sync each document when you sync the phone via iTunes...without an internet connection that's about the only way.

You can also use reminders, notes and iCal too.

3. erutpar thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, any similar free apps?

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

You don't have the Internet? Couldn't you use your iPhone as a wifi hotspot to get your Mac on the Internet through tethering? Not very quick, but a good work around.

5. erutpar thread starter macrumors newbie

My prepaid sim card does't allow the use of hotspot... grrrr...

But I'm more frustrated that it's not easy to send simple text from a computer to an iphone. There must be a simple, free way to achieve this.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Not having internet doesnt negate having a network. Set the mac up to share its wifi and connect to that from then phone. Once thats working, there are all kinds of options for document sharing.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well Notes and Reminders and the like are free and can sync.