Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erutpar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I don't have internet connection available for my mac, but I'd like to type word documents on my Mac and sync the text over to my Iphone (maybe to the note app or something). What is the simplest way to achieve this?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
If you install Pages on your Mac, and on your phone, you can choose to sync each document when you sync the phone via iTunes...without an internet connection that's about the only way.

You can also use reminders, notes and iCal too.

erutpar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
If you install Pages on your Mac, and on your phone, you can choose to sync each document when you sync the phone via iTunes...without an internet connection that's about the only way.

You can also use reminders, notes and iCal too.

Hmm, any similar free apps?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
You don't have the Internet? Couldn't you use your iPhone as a wifi hotspot to get your Mac on the Internet through tethering? Not very quick, but a good work around.

erutpar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
My prepaid sim card does't allow the use of hotspot... grrrr...

But I'm more frustrated that it's not easy to send simple text from a computer to an iphone. There must be a simple, free way to achieve this.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Not having internet doesnt negate having a network. Set the mac up to share its wifi and connect to that from then phone. Once thats working, there are all kinds of options for document sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.