How can I set up my printer through network to print

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JSmoove05, Jun 9, 2007.

1. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

Through my MBP like for example if I install my printer on my MBP can I then print it without any cables through my network anyone know how do to this?

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Need more information. Is it as network printer? If it's not connected to the MPB, what is it connected to? Another computer? Airport Extreme base station? Unless it's a Bluetooth printer, the printer itself has to be plugged into something.

3. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok sorry right now its plugged into my Main PC computer which it prints fine. But I wanna know if its possible for me to print from that printer from my MBP. Similar how can I access songs from my other computers through my MBP thanks.

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'm assuming by PC you mean that it's a Windows box? I imagine there's a 'printer sharing' feature in Windows that may or may not work with Apple's. If it's a Mac, then turning on Printer Sharing in the System Prefs on both machines will allow you to print to it.

For your music, it's easy to do if both machines have iTunes. On the 'PC,' turn sharing on within iTunes sharing preference and select the entire library to share. On the MPB, go to the same preference in iTunes and select 'look for shared libraries.'