Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
This comes up every where Do i need to buy it to stop it.This is on my new Mac.

(Mod note: Images with PII of Adblock screen deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:

MacNerd01

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2021
The Psionic Plane
That looks like it’s appearing as a pop-up rather than an inset ad- do you have any browser extensions installed that might be causing this?

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
That looks like it’s appearing as a pop-up rather than an inset ad- do you have any browser extensions installed that might be causing this?
I don’t know .This is a brand new Mac

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Your extensions might have synchronized from another machine. You might not have installed it manually on your new computer.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Have you tried the “Block Pop-Up Ads” in Safari?
I know it’s basic but sometimes we forget about the little things.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I find it kind of strange, when someone puts a sticker over his/her webcam, but at the same time posts basically every personal user account for the whole world to see. 😑

• Wow
Reactions: iStorm

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I find it kind of strange, when someone puts a sticker over his/her webcam, but at the same time posts basically every personal user account for the whole world to see. 😑

Mistakes happen.

OP, you should really try to get that image deleted from this thread.

Reactions: Timpetus

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Mistakes happen.

OP, you should really try to get that image deleted from this thread.
Better yet, report the post and have the mods take care of it.

Didn't want to say anything until they were taken down, but @420benz, you might want to change your passwords and keep an eye on your Citi Mastercard, or get a new number. The card number was in plain view.

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
... This is a brand new Mac
The reason it's happening on your brand new Mac is almost certainly that you're using a preexisting Google account. When you logged into your Google profile after installing Chrome, the very first thing that the browser did was install all of the plugins that were associated with your profile. Personally, I would suggest uninstalling that particular ad blocker, and installing a different one that doesn't harass you about buying a commercial version of the product.

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
Side note: You don't have to use your camera to take pictures of your computer screen for posts; consider using the standard screen capture keystroke command instead, which is simply:
  • Hold down these keys at the same time: Command-Shift-3. (More details)
It'll be better... for a lot of reasons.

Reactions: iStorm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.