Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Hi
I should be getting my Mac tomorrow. I have a PC which in intend to keep. I have all my music and school stuff on the PC. Is there a way i can sync the mac and the PC so they both have the same files like a RAID configuration as in one computer be the mirror image of the other?

Thanks

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I don't think there's any easy way to do this, it would be tricky enough to keep everything in synch between two machines of the same platform (and so file structure).

You would be far better off to just decide on which machine will be your "master", and move all your media and documents to that. You can then just share this with your secondary machine.

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Hi
I should be getting my Mac tomorrow. I have a PC which in intend to keep. I have all my music and school stuff on the PC. Is there a way i can sync the mac and the PC so they both have the same files like a RAID configuration as in one computer be the mirror image of the other?

Thanks

Run Parallels - they have an goodoffer!!!
4 in one - Acronis Disk Director Suite, for example, as I know, can migrate all your data from PC to Mac sans loosing it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.