How can I synch iPad with MBP after HD crash?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rbmartiniv, Aug 22, 2010.

1. rbmartiniv macrumors newbie

I experienced a HD crash on my MBP that I was synching my iPad with. I had to erase the drive, reformat it, and reload the OS. Now when I try to synch my iPad with the MBP I get a message saying that if I continue (synching) all of the apps and data currently on my iPad will be replaced by what is on now on my MBP, which is only a few free apps I have downloaded recently. I can see all my apps on the iTunes synch page but they are grayed out and I can't click on them. I don't want to lose what I currently have on my iPad. Is there a way to tell iTunes that this is the same computer so it will let them synch?
    Thanks for any help.

Robert

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You didn't have a backup of your hard drive, especially a backup of your iTunes folder? If you did, you could copy over the backup iTunes folder. If not, and all you want is to transfer apps from your iPad to the computer, you need to authorize your computer with your iTunes account (I believe the option is in the iTunes menu under "store") AND sign in to your iTunes account. Then connect your iPad, right click on it in iTunes, and select "transfer purchases."