How can I tell if my iPhone is unlocked without a sim??

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
I don't have a sim card from another carrier and I want to double check and verify that my ATT iPhone 5 is unlocked. Anyone know how I can check for free?

Thanks

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
there are a couple of sites you can type in your imei number to look up. google search is where i looked for sites.

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
i just tired iphoneimei.info but it said my sim lock was unknown. also said the same thing when i checked my iPhone 5.

since your on at&t, send a unlock request to att. https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
I did that yesterday with ATT and did all the itunes instructions. Got the congratulations unlock message but I would like to verify it somehow as i'm going to sell it.

Pspressart

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
I did that yesterday with ATT and did all the itunes instructions. Got the congratulations unlock message but I would like to verify it somehow as i'm going to sell it.
I have unlocked three phones from ATT through iTunes. All three were able to use non-AT&T sims. If iTunes says it is unlocked, it's unlocked.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Stop by a T-Mobile store and tell them you want to test out to see if your phone can work with T-Mobile cause you're thinking about switching to them.
They got plenty of sims you can stick in for a minute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.