how can I tell if...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maussimo010, Jul 9, 2008.

1. maussimo010 macrumors newbie

My iPhone is unlocked?

Here is my situation...preparing my iPhone for re-sell...restored it to 1.1.4 via itunes, left completely blank with no contacts/emails/music/etc...

I used latest ZiPhone to unlock/jailbreak/activate (if there is something else i should have used or SHOULD GO BACK and use, please let me know)

Everything went fine with the ZiPhone, installer appears as it did before when i jailbroke it...I have NEVER had to mess with UNLOCKING because I have been happy with AT&T...I want to sell it as 'unlocked' so as to 'up its resale value'...

My question is, HOW do I tell IF the unlocking (to use the phone with another provider) actually worked??

thanks in advance!

Scott

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Pop a SIM. That's really the only way.

Pop a SIM means to take any SIM card (yours, a friend's) and stick it in there and see if the carrier pops up.

3. maussimo010 thread starter macrumors newbie

What if I don't have a SIM card from another carrier, but I have my girlfriend's iPhone's SIM?

Something tells me that won't work since it's AT&T already, right?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If it's another iPhone SIM, it won't really tell you anything.

Don't you have any friends on an AT&T plan that isn't from an iPhone? Or some friends with Centennial or T-Mobile?

5. maussimo010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ill have to work on that tomorrow, as no one is coming to mind that I can think of...