How can I test Apple Pro Speakers?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidg4781, Aug 6, 2013.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Ok, so for the past few years I've been really wanting to get a Power Mac G4 just to really pay with and what not. I've decided that I should focus on other priorities in life but, right before that, I purchased a set of Apple Pro Speakers on eBay. They're claimed to be brand new and still has the covers on the speakers.

I'd like to sell them but I want to make sure they work before doing so. I realize they'll only work with certain PPCs but is there any way of just making sure they'll work?

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, I forgot that the plug is a little smaller than normal. I haven't opened the box yet, but I'm assuming it's not filled with rocks or anything like that.

I thought I was getting it for a pretty good deal as the price was about 1/3 at what they were last time I looked into them. I failed to realize last time was over a year ago.

----------

Or would I maybe be better off keeping them. I didn't pay much (don't really want to say in case I got lucky and end up reselling them). And one day I'd really like to have a G4 QS or MDD. At least I'd have this part covered.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Those dang iFire's always end up going for well over $100. If you want a set of those Apple Pro Speakers to use with a non-Pro Speaker jack equipped Mac, look for a set of Cube speakers. They work just as well. But for testing a set of Pro Speakers, only way to test them is to try them with a compatible Mac (or find a cheap iFire).

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Forgot about this. Ha.

I'm not really wanting to use them with current hardware. I bought them then realized I don't need them, so I want to sell them.

I just want to make sure they work. Maybe I'll try to meet up with someone around the area to test them out. They're supposed to be NIB, but I just want to make sure before I put them back up on eBay or something.

6. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Just an update, I think I'm going to keep them. They look great, and one day maybe I'll get a G4.

I checked prices on eBay. They're selling for $10, if even that. At that low a price I'd probably lose money on the shipping. I'm bad at estimating that stuff.