How can I transfer an iso on my pc to a Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mr.Gump, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Mr.Gump macrumors newbie

Here is my situation and I would like to thank you for taking the time to help my friend and I out.

I am a PC user and I formatted my thumb drive NTFS. On the thumb drive I have two Mac ISO images and I need to get them to my friends Mac. How can I do this without getting too technical? I simply want to get these 2 ISO images onto her Mac from my PC. Thank you so much for your help :)

some details that may be helpful:

the total size of both ISO is roughly 11GB so FAT32 is out I guess cause it wont fit.

Can I mount the ISO from the flash drive, if need be, and skip even transferring the files over?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can drag and drop any file from a NTFS-formatted drive onto a Mac, as Mac OS X reads NTFS natively, although it doesn't write to NTFS unless you make it possible.

NTFS (Windows NT File System)
    • Read/Write NTFS from native Windows.
    • Read only NTFS from native Mac OS X
      [*]To Read/Write/Format NTFS from Mac OS X: Install NTFS-3G for Mac OS X (free)
    • Some have reported problems using Tuxera (approx 33USD).
    • Native NTFS support can be enabled in Snow Leopard, but is not advisable, due to instability.
    • AirPort Extreme (802.11n) and Time Capsule do not support NTFS
    • Maximum file size: 16 TB
    • Maximum volume size: 256TB

3. AFPoster macrumors 65816

2nd this. Also remember to get a good program to read/copy/burn

4. Mr.Gump thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the quick response!

I am sorry but I just want to spell it out clearly because I will need to do this install when I am in her car parked on the side of the road haha.

You are telling me that I will have no problems transferring those ISO's to her MAC and then mounting them?

I have no need to put anything from her Mac on my thumb drive, is that what you mean by "writing"?

forgive my ignorance, but when I think of transferring the ISO's to the Mac isn't that copying?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can drag and drop any file from the NTFS drive to your Mac. You added the part about mounting the ISO after I responded to your post. What "install" are you talking about?

How to read (install) iso files with a Mac?
    Yes.

6. Mr.Gump thread starter macrumors newbie