How can I transfer contacts from iPhone to Outlook?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinstorm, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I have never used Outlook for my contacts but I think it would be a good idea to back up the iPhone contacts in Outlook...

I would like to know if there is a way to transfer the contacts from the iPhone to outlook without it deleting all my contacts as there are NONE in outlook right now.

I know there is a setting in itunes for saving iPhone contacts created on it in Outlook but it is always greyed out!

Any help would be great! thanks!

2. elistan macrumors 6502a

I thought by default that it's a two-way update? Meaning if there's contacts on the iPhone that's not in Outlook, it'll automatically copy them over. (Although it does ask for confirmation if there's greater than a 5 or 10% difference, I think.) It's not a one-way sync.

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Actually quite simple. If you have Outlook loaded on the computer, make sure that you enter a unique contact in Outlook, one that does not exist on the phone. After plugging in the phone, check the box in iTunes to sync the contacts and you will get a prompt asking if you want to merge the contacts. You say yes, and they will all sync.

4. Dallious macrumors member

you can also install icloud control panel and click contacts box and it will put contacts into outlook, this is the easiest way i think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.