How can I transfer iPhoto pictures from iPhone back to Mac? (My HD crashed)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bkbroiler8311, May 5, 2010.

1. bkbroiler8311 macrumors newbie

Internal HD crashed on my MacBook, all my photos are now gone. Only place they reside is on my iPhone. How can I transfer them to my computer?

2. kchamussy macrumors member

Hi. I'm the developer of 'Photo Transfer App'. An iPhone/iPad app that lets you transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer (and vice versa). You can transfer up to 50 pics at one time from iPhone to your computer over wifi (no cables and no iTunes required).

You can get more details about the app here: http://www.phototransferapp.com

I hope you find it useful, goox luck getting your computer restored!

Cheers,
    Enrique

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Please please please buy an external hard drive and start using Time Machine.

You can get the photos off of your phone using any number of photo-transfer programs, but they are shrunken, compressed photos that are nowhere near the quality of the originals.

Not to mention all the other files on your computer that aren't on your phone at all.

Buy this drive if your laptop mostly lives on a desk and you can plug the drive into a wall outlet, or buy this one if you want to move around and use the hard drive without plugging it in to an outlet.

Time Machine is SO easy to use, there's no reason to ever be in this situation.

4. moynihan123 macrumors member

Jailbreaking is the best way imo, it gives you direct access to the file system. It's also free.

However, if you feel uncomfortable doing that then I recommend kchamussy's program or a similar one to it.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That will remove all his media.