How can i transfer some files into the ipod touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tooktamv, Aug 6, 2008.

1. tooktamv macrumors newbie

I have some problem.Can u tell me how to transfer some files into the ipod touch?,Please I think when i use usb connect during ipod and window,it will show device of it on the window but it didn't.

so now i cannot transfer any files into my ipod.juz some files of musics and movies which i can transfer into my ipod through itunes. Please giving advice to me, :confused:

2. Master Debater macrumors member

Right now you can't use your iPod touch as a hard drive. The best solution I can think of off the top of my head is to e-mail these files to yourself. You can then use the Mail app on your iPod to download and view them.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You will have to just buy a flash drive for like $10.

5. Tosser macrumors 68030

They nixed Disk Mode (USB Mass Storage) on the Touch and iPhone. But, hey, you can pay $99/year to mail it to yourself! What a deal :p

6. Alfie macrumors member

File Magnet

If you have a Mac computer, you can use File Magnet to transfer (and view) files on your Touch. You can get it at the iTunes app store for $5. After that you go to the company's website and download an "uploader" app for free. Then you just drag the files you want to the uploader, which transfers the files wirelessly to the iPod. Easy to use and works great for me.

This app (plus Exchange email support on the Touch) actually allowed me to get rid of my Pocket PC organizer at work. I now can use my Touch for everything for work and home.

7. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

This is the only way that i know of without Jailbreaking your touch

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

FileMagnet is great, the updated version supports landscape viewing of files, iWork documents, Office documents.

Only thing they need is to either beef up document viewing support so that you can search pdf files (it's a pain having to swipe through 50+ pages) and also view chapters in the pdf document. A simple flip-over effect would be fine for chapters and maybe a search bar in the top of the page like in the contacts app.

Apple would probably need to come to the party on that and do it system-wide so that it can further compete in the enterprise market where guys are using their PDAs as complete file managers.

9. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Even as a .Mac/MobileMe customer, I think this hilarious :D

10. Siriosys macrumors regular

Siriosys

Take a look at Datacase from Veiosoft.com

http://www.veiosoft.com/

This will probably do exactly what you're after. It's a very nice disk util for the iTouch or iPhone and doesn't need any software installed on he PC, Mac, or Linux box which is a bonus

Cheers

11. j0hnny macrumors newbie

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Only problem with DiskAid is you need to install it on each computer you want to copy files to / from. Like if you go to a friend's house and want to transfer files to or from his computer to the Touch, you'll need to install DiskAid on his computer.

And I found out the other day it needs iTunes installed to work -- I was trying to install it on a computer at work that didn't have iTunes, and it said it needed iTunes. Since I didn't have permission to install iTunes on that machine, I couldn't use DiskAid. :(