How can I turn off 3G ??

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by DrSMC, Feb 2, 2012.

1. DrSMC macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to turn off 3G under IOS 5.02?

My battery cannot last for 6or 7 hrs, so I disabled 3G. I turned on the 3G only if I need to. It works fine until I "UPGRADE" to the latest IOS 5.02.

The option to turn off 3G is gone.. and the battery can only last for about 4 or 5 hrs.... :mad: is there any way I can turn off 3G??????

Need help!!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That tells you how to turn off the entire cellular data system. This is not the same as turning off 3G. It's not even close. This will not turn off the 3G radios or prevent the phone connecting to 3G networks. It simply stops it from sending/receiving data, but not making/receiving calls, on 3G with the annoying side effect of stopping it preventing data access on 2G or Edge.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

4. MaxMichael macrumors member

If you have a 4S, you can't deactivate 3G radios. I think it's to do with the new antenna as my friends said this couldn't happen with the CDMA iPhone 4 either.

However if you have a GSM iPhone 4/any other iPhone, then go Settings>General>Network and then toggle 3G to off.

I don't really understand your question though as an iOS update wouldn't remove this functionality however you could try jailbreaking if you do have a 4S. That lets you turn 3G off.

5. solo118 macrumors 65816

What's funny is that even if you jailbroke and use SBSettings, you can not turn off 3G. It goes from 3G to blank (where it should say EDGE)

6. miragecy macrumors newbie

That's not true. You can turn off 3G and still have data (little circle) on a jailbroken 4S