How can I upload an image from photos library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Putyouinmyoven, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Putyouinmyoven macrumors newbie

Okay so photos has downloaded all my pictures form my iphone, which is great, but say I want to upload an image on my mac to a web service - I can't select any photos from the 'photos library' in my pictures; that's pretty annoying - is there a way to access the library outside the photos app?

Thanks

2. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

Select the photo and then in the file menu pick export and then you can save it on your desktop e.g. and then share it where ever you want

3. Putyouinmyoven thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but do I really have to do that every time I want to upload a photo? It just puts an extra step in there, which is pretty annoying

4. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

If the site you want to share to is not available in the system's sharing menu then I see no way round it at the moment.

What I find really annoying is that the sharing doesn't let you make flickr albums anymore from there. You first have to make the photoset on flickr itself and then share the photos you want to go into that photoset

5. Putyouinmyoven thread starter macrumors newbie

Ughhh, this is disappointing.

6. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

You choose your photo from the Media-Photos section, not from the Favorites-Pictures section. All your photos are available, even ones in your old iPhoto library, if you haven't already deleted it.

7. Putyouinmyoven thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry where are the media - photos folders located?

8. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

See the attached photo. They're below your Devices.

Attached Files:

9. Putyouinmyoven thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhh thank you so much! That was not obvious to me...

Is there a way to enable that media view in the normal finder sidebar (rather than just when selecting things to upload)?

10. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I don't think so, but I'm not positive. I couldn't see how to do it in Finder's preferences.