Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raikun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Hi there,

Here is my setup:
  • 2 IOS Devices
  • 2 computers (iMac+Laptop)
  • Main iTunes library is on iMac
  • iTunes match subscriber.

At the moment I have all my music on my iMac. At the moment, to put new music on my iPhone, I have to add it to my iMac iTunes library, and sync my phone with it.

At the moment I use my iMac a lot in bootcamp'd windows, and so syncing means I need to switch over to OS X, add the files to the library, and sync.

I have a laptop which I would like to be the primary syncing device for my iPhone.

How can I use iTunes match so that I don't have to manually copy over all of my music/apps etc to my laptop and then resync?

Ideally, this would be my workflow:
  1. use itunes match to pull all music etc off the cloud and onto my laptop
  2. plug in iphone
  3. enable syncing with this itunes library instead, wiping all settings
  4. have all the music put back on from the magically identical itunes match library
  5. ???
  6. profit

Is this possible? Thank you so much guys

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
If your using itunes match you don't sync music anymore. you just pull it from the cloud as needed.

So all your devices sync to the cloud for itunes match. It doesn't matter which device you add new music on, it will be uploaded/matched to the cloud and then be available on all your other devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.