How can i use my iPhone overseas (Portugal)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Nov 1, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

so my friend called att before going to portugal and they said that they unlocked aka open so it works overseas and they said it will work as soon as he gets there. But he just got there and told me it isnt' working. When he was here in the US after the unlocked it or w/e u call it he was able to text his cousin in portugal for the first time, because they let him text and im assuming also call international. HE also mentioned though that he did want to use it overseas.

Can someone explain why it isn't working there and what he should have done or has to do? thanks

2. daisuke07 macrumors regular

call AT&T from where he is and tell them to do it right. AT&T says they'll let you but they never actually do it

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

he said he sent them an email. i wonder if that will work.

4. daisuke07 macrumors regular

that could take them a while to respond especially on a weekend unless he can last a few days without service. Unless there's no phones in protugal them I don't see why he can't just call them for a faster response and action.

5. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Assuming he wants to use data, maybe he has the setting 'Data roaming' set to off.

If he can't place calls, I would assume it's at&t and he should contact them.