How can I use the UTD for a Clean Install?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by simplymuzik3, Sep 4, 2009.

1. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I am getting my UTD disc next week sometime, and I would like to know how to do a clean install with it. Before I would put the disc in, then go into the install process through finder, the computer would reboot, and then I could access disc utility from the top bar and just erase my disc. Then I would continue and install the new OS on my blank hard drive. With the UTD disc, I hear people saying that you have to delete a file on the disc? Which file is this? How would I got about doing it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :D

2. celticpride678

I think it is the same process. Erase in Disk Utility and Install. Never heard of any deleting files from the disc.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

pretty sure the UTD works just as you said and there is nothing you can delete on a DVD. Sorry.

4. simplymuzik3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone have experience doing a clean install with the UTD disc? I herd people say that you need to have leopard SOMEWHERE, otherwise it wont work (external drive or something). Is this true? Anyone do a clean install with just their internal hard drive and nothing extra?

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

All you need to do is go into Disk Utility off the install disc and erase the disc. After the disk is formatted, proceed with the install. There are no install options like older versions of OS X.

6. simplymuzik3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome, thanks so much! :D