Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
How can I verify/confirm if optimized charging is working on my iPhone 15 Pro?

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
Look at the battery graph.

If there’s any flat lines while the iPhone is plugged in then optimized charging is enabled.

If it’s going straight to 100% then it’s not.

Reactions: I7guy

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Look at the battery graph.

If there’s any flat lines while the iPhone is plugged in then optimized charging is enabled.

If it’s going straight to 100% then it’s not.
Attached are screenshots, Is optimized charging working?

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 16

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
Attached are screenshots, Is optimized charging working?
It’s not.

When did you get your 15P?
You have to have a consistent schedule and even then it could take weeks to enable optimized charging. At least with 15 series you have limiting it to 80% so I’d suggest that instead. You can always disable it when you need some extra juice so it could charge to 100%.

Reactions: one more

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
It’s not.

When did you get your 15P?
You have to have a consistent schedule and even then it could take weeks to enable optimized charging. At least with 15 series you have limiting it to 80% so I’d suggest that instead. You can always disable it when you need some extra juice so it could charge to 100%.
I got the 15 Pro about 12 days ago

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
Then it’s going to take another week or so even when you have a strict schedule. Limit charging to 80% if you’re leaving it overnight and optimized charging becomes irrelevant. Just a thought.

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA

You'll see a notification on the Lock Screen.

Also:
Optimized Battery Charging needs at least 14 days to learn your charging habits, so it won't engage before then. Also, your iPhone needs to experience at least 9 charges of 5 hours or more in a given location for Optimized Battery Charging to engage.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010

You'll see a notification on the Lock Screen.

Also:
Optimized Battery Charging needs at least 14 days to learn your charging habits, so it won't engage before then. Also, your iPhone needs to experience at least 9 charges of 5 hours or more in a given location for Optimized Battery Charging to engage.
Does optimized battery charging require significant locations on? because I have that disabled

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Did you read the link? It says what is required.

If Optimized Battery Charging doesn't activate​

Optimized charging is designed to engage only in locations where you spend the most time, such as your home and place of work. The feature doesn't engage when your usage habits are more variable, such as when you travel. Because of this, some location settings must be enabled for Optimized Battery Charging to activate.* None of the location information used for this feature is sent to Apple.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services and turn on Location Services.
  • Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services and turn on System Customization.
  • Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations and turn on Significant Locations.

Reactions: kitKAC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.