How can I view a web page in full screen in OSX without menubar/toolbars etc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Spanky Deluxe, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I've found a great little countdown flash file that I want to run on our TV during our NYE party tomorrow night. I can get it to fill the Safari/Firefox window but I can't see how to maximise it so that everything else is gone i.e. dock, menubar etc.

Any ideas?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

http://echoone.com/iSwiff/ ?

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What about zooming in on it ... using Ctrl+scroll?

4. icBigMike macrumors newbie

and you are not going to share that with us? :D

Anyway, I agree on the zooming in suggestion...quick and easy, no extra installing.

5. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

That'll do nicely, thank you. The only issue with it is that it doesn't automatically resize your flash file when you go into full screen but resizing the window first and then full screening it does seem to work. :D

I did consider zooming in but then I'd have to have the mouse cursor stuck in the middle of the screen, not ideal. It would also get a bit blurry with the zoom which I'd rather avoid. The flash file I'm using is called Flash Analogue Countdown Clock and costs $10 from here. I had a good look around and no stand alone app or flash app came as close to what I wanted as this so it is well worth the $10 to me.

Here's what I've got it set up to look like:

Screen shot 2009-12-31 at 07.44.14.png