How can I view iCloud upload speed on my mac in the Mobile Documents folder?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by KTK1990, Apr 21, 2014.

1. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

I am trying to move some files off my home mac and was looking for the quickest way.

Teamviewer maxes out for me at 160 kB/s, dropbox is uploading at an unstable rate (10Kb/s on average, to 2,000 kb/s for a few seconds, will stay at 300 for a few minutes then go to 1 or 2).

I found I can create a new folder in the Mobile Documents folder and have that synced with my mac here (600 miles away at college). But I am not sure how fast that would be, is there any tools I can use to see how fast/slow iCloud is uploading my files at?

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities) will show you data sent and received per second for your system on the Network tab (lower right-hand corner). It will not do per-second statistics for individual apps, but if you try it on an otherwise idle system it should be pretty close.

A.

3. KTK1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, after viewing the network tab in Activity Monitor I found the service is titled "ubd".