How can I view my digital camera as a mounted drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by omgwut, Nov 11, 2007.

1. omgwut macrumors 6502

omgwut

Hello,

I use my Canon SD1000 with a 1GB SecureDigital card to store photos. The card is formatted in NTFS, so OSX should have no problem reading it.

The reason I can't just plug and dump my photos into iPhoto is because there are some other photos shot with a friend's camera that I dragged onto the SD card, and since they were taken by a different model and whatnot they're not formatted to be pulled off that way, they're just being stored on the card in a seperate folder in the same way I'd use it to transport a document or something -- So I need a way to view the SD card as a mounted drive. A thumbdrive would have been ideal, but I didn't have one.

I don't have a USB card reader, just my camera and its connection cord -- How can I do this?

Thanks!

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Unfortunately you can't. For some reason, cannon does not allow this with their cameras. Any other brand would work, but not Canon. So if you have access to another brand camera that uses SD you can plug that in the card will automatically show up on your desktop like any external drive.

3. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

omgwut

Ugh, that's lame. Canon gets -1 point on my scoreboard for that.

Guess I have to go drive over to BestBuy and find a cheap SD reader tomorrow. Thanks!