How can my MBP battery get better over time? Odd...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by z400central, May 22, 2008.

1. z400central macrumors regular

So for the past few months my battery, according to iStat, had around 50% health. I would get MAX 1.5 hours out of it.

Now for the past 2 days, my battery has been lasting a lot longer. I checked iStat and my health is at 82%... odd...

Purchased this MBP in October of 2006.

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Do you calibrate often? If not, that could be it... apple suggests once a month, helps keep your computer knowing how much power your battery has.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Oh... wish my battery would revitalise.
    How about if you check it using CoconutBattery?

4. LBriggs macrumors newbie

Lucky...

My MBP battery is at 63 cycles and only has 25% life left. Hopefully getting it replaced as friends have now informed me that they have extended the warranty on the 15" model batteries to two years (have had mine for 16 mos).

Also heard that the Sony batteries are no longer used by Apple? This one is Sony. Hopefully I dont have to dish out $$$ for a new battery.

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

You aren't basing the time on what the computer is telling you, are you? You would be getting an inaccurate reading if that's the case.

Lithium ion battery capacity doesn't get better over time. That's simply not possible. The battery begins to degrade the moment it is manufactured.