How can one automatically turn on "remember playback position feature" in itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netjack, Jun 8, 2011.

1. netjack macrumors member

anyway you can set this automatically so you don't have to keep right click->options-it for ever single song, every single time?

2. LoganT macrumors 68020

In iTunes:

Library
    Select All (CMD+A or Ctrl+A)
    Right and click and choose "Get Info"
    Options
    Remember Playback position-Yes
    Click Ok

3. netjack thread starter macrumors member

how do you do it automatically so you don't have to right click!

4. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

A single right click is to much to ask? You got your answer. There is no other solution.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

You only have to do it once.

6. netjack thread starter macrumors member

ahh..i should've been more clear. i add new audiobook files every week and then delete them after listening to them. every new file needs to go through this process. i do this for about 5-10 every 6 days or so.

7. tqv macrumors newbie

Grrrr

I have recently needed to address exactly the same issue and have started looking for an answer. I too add lots of files from online radio stations every week, and listen to them whilst out walking

The "you only have to do it once" and "why would you want to do that" answers are not very helpful.

I now want my software to do it by default all of the time on every audio file. Ah well, iTunes is clearly not for me any more. I suppose that I'd better start looking for an alternative. One more reason why using apple is rarely a good idea. A shame really, because my iPod classic is a really nice bit of hardware.

Ho. hum. :(

8. Eddie the Eagle macrumors newbie

This is the absolutely most annoying problem that I have found with the IPhone. It has excellent camera, battery life, stability, usability etc., but it sucks as a music player. So far all the alternatives that I have looked at suffer from the same problem.