How Can We Suggest New Watch faces?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GovtLawyer, Nov 3, 2016.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I really like the various watch face selections. However, there are some I'd like to see and some suggestions for improvement. How and where would I post these so Apple might consider them. Here are the few I have.

1) Roman Numerals. The Utility faces could use a Roman Numeral option. It would be really classy. All I see are number selections.

2) Chronograph dial color on utility face. I like the white face color on the chronograph. I'd like to see that on a simple face without the chronograph functions.

3) Different color face and hands. On some faces I can change the color of the dial/slash numbers. On others i can change the color of the hands. I'd like to be able to mix and match.

It may be that I can already do some of what I am suggesting and simply don't know how. If so, please tell me.

thanks

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Don't think you are missing anything.

I'm at the point where I don't believe Apple would do anything if anyone offered suggestions for new watch faces. They may add a few faces here and there from time to time but I gave up hoping for more. The Hermes face is really nice and the Nike faces are good varieties. I don't see any reason why they can't add choices like Hermes or Nike that aren't infringements. Your options seem doable for sure.

I would have loved a chronograph Watch face with the inner circles showing battery, temp and maybe steps - just as an example.

I like the activity watch faces but I feel like the complication sizes are all over the place and don't match up. If you used the battery complication in the top left for example, it is so big it almost touches the rings and if you added the date on the other side, it is much smaller and looks bad.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Agreed. I would really appreciate some additional Watch Faces. The ones available now are limited and I feel Apple could expand on this catergory.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

5. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I use this link a lot.
    They don't always listen to customers, but if they receive many feedbacks about a particular feature chances are they're going to implement it if it is feasible.

6. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

I just submitted a request. Thanks for the link. I'm surprised with all of the faces and possible combinations they haven't thought of some of the simple things I suggested. Roman numerals are very classy on watches. You'd think they would have known that.

7. jaypr macrumors member

The watch faces are probably the biggest disappointment of the Apple Watch. The majority are round faces for a square watch. Would love to see some more that fit the face a little better. Would also love to see some LCD and LED numerals too.

8. consultant_on_journey macrumors regular

I don't think that biggest disappointment. You have many possibilities to configure your own watch face...

9. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

They have thought of them. Rumor has it the designers who worked on the watch were huge watch nerds already. There's a lot of things they could do that they've chosen not to. That's Apple being... Apple. It is a good idea to give them feedback though.

10. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

What does LCD/LED numerals mean? Are you saying that the numbers would be made up of dots or lines like old digital watches or VCR displays?

If so, I really liked the old ipod nano 6g watch face with the big numbers and the footstep complication. Would love to see an updated version. See attached.

Attached Files:

11. Manrico1 macrumors member

Manrico1

+1

12. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I am almost positive we will have a watch face store of some kind very soon.

13. Debauch macrumors member

Submitted a request yesterday. Lack of more options for watch faces (would like something that looks a bit more realistic) is one of the main things I dislike about my apple watch.

14. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

I love my AW, but I do wonder why they do not have some more realistic looking watch faces. When I see the Samsung, Motorola and Huawei ones in store the watch faces look so much more realistic. Is there a technical limitation with the screen on the AW?