How can you clean the keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by btcomm, May 1, 2008.

1. btcomm macrumors regular

I know you don't want to get liquid below the keyboard, is there a dry cleaning solution that can actually get it pretty clean or what should I do?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'll use Mr. Clean "magic eraser" and a couple of shots of "gas duster" to get all the dust and what-not out of the keyboard, spray iKlear on the microfiber cloth, (two squirts should do) then polish it with the polish cloth. I use iKlear on the rest of my BlackBook. Good as new. :p

3. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

For those pesky little crumbs/dust/lint, use a piece of Scotch Tape and lift those dust particles away.

4. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

try an alcohol liquid (i.e. aftershave/cologne) in a cotton bud/Q-tip. Cleans it up good due to the alcohol and leves it smelling Luurvley

5. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

compressed air in a can of course use it on my apple desktop keyboard shoots right out

6. jotamurray macrumors member

I use my blackbook on remote locations. I can tell you a flat painting brush works better than an air duster for keyboard and screen.
    Last week I was working at a very dusty and windy location so I bought an Iskin for the keyboard at the applestore and I'm still trying to get used to it but it protects the mac great.

7. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

We use the ShaggMac Grubby Sticks w/ Optimist Prime cleaner with excellent results. The swabs can safely "scrub" away grime.