Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davemg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
When I click on the replies to some comments on yahoo.com, this happens, the attached picture in this thread. The picture comes from the profile of a person who left a comment. This has happened before. Any ideas?????

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB52.0088.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.38f5

One more thing, as I was copying this info, I got an automated call on Skype telling me to go to http://www.rss------.com Couldn't get the whole site name.

Virus?????

Macs don't get viruses.

Thanks for the input. This is another reason why this computer pisses me off and why I've left posts saying what I've said.

Later.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Android300zx

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2012
When I click on the replies to some comments on yahoo.com, this happens, the attached picture in this thread. The picture comes from the profile of a person who left a comment. This has happened before. Any ideas?????

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB52.0088.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.38f5

One more thing, as I was copying this info, I got an automated call on Skype telling me to go to http://www.rss------.com Couldn't get the whole site name.

Virus?????

Macs don't get viruses.

Thanks for the input. This is another reason why this computer pisses me off and why I've left posts saying what I've said.

Later.

What browser are you using? If you are using Safari try and use another browser like Opera, Firefox or Google Chrome. If you don't get the issue on any of those browsers then you can narrow it down to an issue on that browser you are using.

If so, try and wipe your cache, cookies, clear passwords, clear data etc on that browser. If that doesn't work I don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.