How can you identify/view ipa files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by M1000, Dec 1, 2010.

1. M1000 macrumors newbie

I have ipa files that I want to put in the right category according to the App store.

Is there a way to find out which application is which when the filename makes no sense? like PesoIdeal.ipa

Thanks

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't fully understand what you are trying to do. Are these IPA files pirated? Try dragging them into iTunes. You can "Get Info" on them through there.

3. M1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

There might be a filename that I dont recognise but if there was a program that showed its icon, I might be able to recognise it.

For example, here are different alarm clocks (the file sizes are different so I know its not the same app). Seeing their icon would help to identify which app is which.

[​IMG]

My Touch is not jailbroken.

Also,
    I spent an hour organising my apps into various folders (about 12 folders).

I opened an app called Isurgeon. I played it for two minutes - it was dumb - and closed it.

Then I discovered, all the apps were no longer in the folders. Ahhh!!!! The apps were spread out over the 10? pages with 16 apps per page.

Any idea why this happened? Does it happen often?

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You should not manually move files around. Use iTunes to identify your apps.

5. M1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im just placing the files into folders/categories.
    IE: 'Flashlight' is in utility folder