Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

likejackansally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
cincinnati ohio
I'm finding it very annoying to browse the internet and still see the dashboard, I can't find any obvious solution to this in any of the safari tool bars, or by dragging the window in an attempt to cover it. Is that something just oh so special about the mac or can I please have a complete window when browsing the internet!!?

I was a fan of MS PAINT.. (most people wouldn't understand). I used a program called IrfranView and MS Paint to make most of my simple graphics and banners, and alas I am disappointed that I do not see any sort of basic art program on my new computer. :(
Is there a free download of something that might ease my transition to this mac or am i out of luck? I never got around to learning anything fancy like photoshop etc and I'm not really down for spending any more money for the next month or so.

And if it helps.. I purchased the plain ol white macbook, basic as they come.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist my situation.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
If you're talking about the Dock (the row of icons on the bottom of the screen), you can click on the Apple icon (at the top left) > Dock > Turn Hiding On

likejackansally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
cincinnati ohio
One more thing..

THANK YOU.

I have one more thing to add in addition to the lacking art program problem..
How do you alphabetize your address book? Its just putting people in there as I add them without any order.

jmann

macrumors 604
jmann-- I will try the seashore program out and this is off topic but do you actually play Neopets:eek: or is it just an avatar your using (because I do, lol)?

Thanks for noticing, that is my baby Lupe. I got an account on there back in April 1st, 2001, when I was like 12 years old. My screen name there is peacesign4489, go check out my other pets. PM me for info. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.