How can you truly organize your photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ishtarbgl, May 18, 2013.

1. Ishtarbgl macrumors newbie

Be gentle. iPhone 5 newbie here. I've started taking a lot of pics with just my iPhone and I've been impressed by the quality. I've also figured out how to organize them on the iphone by using albums. However, albums appear to do me no good when I connect the iphone to a computer. Windows explorer sees the iphone, but it doesn't segregate the pics in to albums. It simply reflects one folder with everything on the entire camera roll. Is there any solution that will allow me to organize photos on my iphone and see this same organization on a pc such as the windows explorer app?

2. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

With the warning that it has been a couple of years since I did this on Windows (currently using a MacBook Air), I had my iPhone 4 set up so that the organization on the phone matched the organization on the Windows computer. I did that by connecting the phone to the Windows computer, transferring the pictures there and deleting them from the phone once I was sure that the transfer was OK. Note that I did this transfer from the Camera Roll and that they were not organized on the phone (not sure it was even possible to organize them directly on the phone with the version of iOS available then).

Once they were on the PC I created a folder with a name like "iPhone pictures" and then created subfolders as desired inside that folder and moved the pictures to the appropriate subfolders. I then went to iTunes (with the phone connected) and on the Photos section (in the bar across the top) selected "Synch photos from" and selected the main folder. After the synch the pictures were on the phone in the same organization as on the computer.

Note that this was several years ago, there may be an easier way, and both the phone and iTunes may have had changes since then. Hopefully someone else with more current knowledge will verify or correct this post.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

IPhone into its 5th generation and I can't believe the non-existent handling of photos. I mean the camara app apparently records metadata and yet the default viewer doesn't make use of them for organizing purposes. Why?

This is not a useless feature and should had been built- in already. Great expectations from IOS7.