How careful do I need to be with my iPod Classic?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mushrooshi, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

How careful would I need to be to make sure my iPod's HDD doesn't break or get damaged?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

It's able to withstand a decent amount of abuse, but if it worries you, get Applecare.

3. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Treat it with respect and it will last 10 years.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I've dropped my 160GB a few times. One was when it slipped off the edge of the kitchen table onto a tile floor. The second was while syncing, it slipped off the coffee table onto the carpeted floor. Both times it was fine, I had it in a case.

5. Canerican macrumors regular

Applecare doesn't cover you dropping your iPod or water damage. Keep your iPod in a good case and it should last.
    Also if you are playing a sport that you might get hit or fall, no brainer, take your iPod out of your pocket. I fell on my 5G iPod playing football and gave it a huge dent and cracked the cover. (It still worked and I just replaced the cases myself)
    It can take alot of wear and even abuse, but everything has a breaking point. Don't push it too far. The classic is likely the most sturdy, and definately better than the G1 and G2 nanos (they would fall from 3 feet and be toast)