How ceartain are we really?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jakobben, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Jakobben macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hi,

I'm currently in the market to by an ipad. I really want one, but "need" it right now. So I'm planning on waiting for the next one. But how sure are we that the next one will come before summer? It only just got to Denmark where I live in September. I can get it from whereever it might be launched, but since many countries were late to get it, might apple wait until fall to release it?

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

In the US, its due out in April which was the case for the iPad 1, who knows when other countries will get the iPad 2.

Given the meager update that is rumored, I think you'll be pleased with the iPad 1. Personally, I didn't wait, I just purchased one a few weeks ago.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The rumors have been all over the place. They might be meager or they might be massive.

4. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

It's all point-of-view. He bought the iPad just a few weeks ago, so of course he wants a meager update.

5. Jakobben thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Thanks for your replies.

So you are absolutely sure the next ipad will be out I April? I mean they are still rumors, and apple have not yet kept to their "one-a-year" model in regards to the ipad since they've only released one. I don't doubt they will make an update, just not sure when it will be here.

If put a camera in it and make it faster that I just enough the make me wait a couple of months, a new high-res screen would be amazing, but anything short of that would note make me wait.

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

Nobody outside of Apple can be "absolutely sure" but it's an extremely strong likelihood that it will appear in April (or shortly before).

7. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Hopefully April. But like mentioned before, only Apple knows.

8. Steven Jobson macrumors regular

Apple has announced NOTHING. No one is sure of ANYTHING.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Exactly. Maflynn might really enjoy Safari tabs reloading due to inadequate RAM.

Even the conservative rumors of double RAM, faster cpu, a better quality screen (not Retina), and cameras, are worth waiting for. The 3GS iPhone upgrade, which those changes are similar to, was pretty major compared to the 3G.

The only way to guess whether you will get the new iPad in summer is to look at the iPhone. How much of a delay was there before the iPhone was available in Denmark and was the delay the same for the following iPhones.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well I'm sure of something - apple didn't announce anything :p

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Apple might not even be absolutely sure. They may have a time frame in mind, but it may not bet set in stone yet. Plus, they pushed back the white iPhone 4 a few times now, so even it they announce it you can't be "absolutely sure", but you can be reasonably sure at that point.

My head is spinning a bit from writing this post.