How certain is it the 3g will be released sept. 9th?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cavos, Aug 27, 2009.

1. cavos macrumors newbie

I'm asking because i recently and by recently this week bought a itouch 16gb overseas which i can't now refund as...i'm overseas overseas... it's still unopened sealed with receipt...so sigh...less than 30 days infact 3 days.... just got into vancouver...

So should i open it or try to sell it? As the 3g will/should/possibly will come out?and how much is the projected cost of them? are theu usually round the same price?

Thank so much
    p.s how much do you think i can get? i'm selling it in canada. new sealed unopened.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Fairly certain, but i don't think that Apple has issued the invites yet.

The odds are that you will be able to buy a 32gb for the same price as you paid for the 16. Prices have dropped in the states because of the back to school sale, so that will impact the price you can get.

I have no advice tho, except you were happy with your purchase yesterday right? Try to sell it or keep it, you call.

3. cavos thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i was...until i googled xD
    but what price do you think is possible

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

iPod Touch prices:
    16GB - $199
    32GB - $299
    64GB - $399

Source.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have no clue.... i'm not shopping for one so i pay no attention really!

I read here this week though that prices for new 8gb were in the $130 (US) range. I think it's just going to depend on if you can find a buyer that might not know new ones are coming or not. I'd think the $200 range might be expected at this point... but again, i have no real clue.

Or you can use it, enjoy it, and buy the 4th generation when it comes out next year! I don't regret buying my 2g a couple of months ago at all.

6. cavos thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sorry XD

thanks swift
    I got an offer for 250Canadian but i think that's too low for a sealed unopened iotuch?..right? XD i wish i could fly back just o refund it...or maybe i could mail it back to my mom....XD sry tht's epic.

I dunno i if i could live with myself buying an old itouch 20ish day before the new one came out.... that would be just be

7. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Really? That's odd Apple would change the price point of the smallest-capacity model.

8. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Did you buy on a credit card?

If so just call Apple up in the country you bought the iPod and arrange to mail it back to them, then have them take it off your card.

That's just a theory, it might not work, and it wont work if you paid cash.

9. cavos thread starter macrumors newbie

oh hmmmm... thanks! well i didn't pay for it my mom did... but i rater get a cash refund as i could keep it XD :p

should i try calling apple in canada though? I guess it's worth a try.. ok sorry that was rhetorical....
    If it doesn't work what should i do? i'm aiming for 300 canadian do you think i could get that? retail price +gst pst tax in canada is like 345?

10. cavos thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

They don't have the same warranty as the iPhone? Like being able to take it back to the Apple store and get a refund anytime within 14 days?

Edit: I guess you answered that in your post just before this.

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I think that the $250 offer you got is a good and i'd take it.... but hey, try for $300 for a day or so. It really really depends on where and how you are trying to sell it.

And what does "XD" mean/stand for? gee, i'm getting old......

13. cavos thread starter macrumors newbie

oh i didn't buy it at an applestore though...and i'm in canada which is 12 hours 15 minutes away from where i bought it.. So bleh..

Oh look at XD sideways:p
    oh i'm trying craigslist, itouch fans and reddeals canada... any other recommendation for a place to sell it? I can't post here as i don't meet the market place requirements.. make it all of them

14. cavos thread starter macrumors newbie

but 259 on the applestore is for an 8gb and the tax hasn't even been added yet.. bleh... And the itouch is only 3 days old still unsealed unopened...

Sorry being so whiny but it's so just so annoying wished i checked out updates before i bought it... a simple google then again i knew but thought it would be in december or something...
    but then again i saw 16gb retail at wal-mart for 345 ax included so the applestore is kinda a rip? and why does wal-mart get it cheaper?

15. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The realities:

The market - down here anyway - is FLOODED with "new in box" units for sale from the back to school promo

There is a new model coming out "soon".

EVERYONE - wal mart and apple - are inthe process of trying to clear out their inventories

You ARE going to lose money trying to sell it. See how much it would cost to ship back to your mom AND insure (because, what if it's lost in transit?) and weigh that into your price.

You just have to figure out, for YOU, how much the new one will be worth to take the loss.

16. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Several are reporting that they are cutting the price, back to the original $100 delta between each model. Either way $199 or $229 the 16 GB Ipod Touch is going to flying off the shelf.
    -Tig

17. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Look at it another way....

Buy 16gb: $350

Sell 16 gb: $250

Lost $100.

Not great.

Buy 32gb: $350 - so another $100 out of pocket because you have $250 from the sale.

Which is what you WOULD have paid for the 32gb right now right? So you PROBABLY will get twice the capacity and the new features...... so technically, while you are losing money, you are getting more....

Or you will be able to take that $250 and buy the 16gb again with the new features.

Gotta go.

18. IBITF macrumors newbie

Invites would/should be released today or tommorow depending on the date of conference. Although I am fairly certain that it will be the ninth. I'd try to sell as fast as you can and get the new one.

19. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

just wait till sept 10th

the prices of the 2G's ipod touches

will drop!

then add + $20 = your new ipod touch 3G price! :D

20. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Nothing is certain when it comes to Apple.

21. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

60% chance the new iPod will be released, every time.

22. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

100% chance of seeing at least one new ipod this year! :D

23. kiddk1 macrumors regular

I just returned my itouch, bought it about 3 weeks ago at best buy, the shelves of once full ipods are now pretty empty, I even went to target to check the inventory there and it was low, so I assume the new touch will debut soon.

24. 6daniels macrumors member

Well you should sell it A.S.A.P i would even take 250$ right now. The new iPod touch 3G could be announced by apple any minute now and when people know about it the most you would get for ur ipod woud be $200.00. It doesnt matter where you buy the ipod touch from as long as it is still under apple warranty. if its still less then 14 days since u have bought this call 1 800 MY APPLE and they will give you a refund. Tell them you mom bought this for you but you dont want it. If you tell them that you would rather buy the new one they will say no to the refund.

25. kiddk1 macrumors regular

I told them at best buy that the new one comes out in Sept. I want a refund, their policy is 30 days no matter what.